- In the Czech Republic, to observe research activities, whose results
can be employed by the European Union and governmental control in
the course of risk management.
- Searching and surveying of external experts and creation of their database,
and up-to-dating of this database.
- To arrange a summit of president, vice-president, a work meeting Scientific
Committees members in order to mutually harmonize all activities and
specify the way of cooperation, especially in interdisciplinary areas.
- To analyze priorities declared in 6th Framework Program of the European Union,
especially relate to "Food Quality and Safety" in order to project all
relevant aspects to the activities of Committee. To coordinately establish
cooperation with EU experts.
- In cooperation with Czech Academy of Agrarian Sciences to arrange one-day
colloquium on "Risks of harmful plant organisms and pesticide residues
on human and animal health and environment".
- To participate on workshop "Organic Agriculture Food Quality" (Feb.
7, 2003, held in Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague, as a part of
the EU project - Flair Flow) - chance to discuss production systems.
- Mapping and categorization risks problems and potentially harmful factors
influencing on human health.
- Utilization of data obtained from monitoring programs carried out by
Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Health.
- Determination of problems priority for 2003 relate to their current needs.
- Analysis informational sources of data based on the activities of
Committee members and external fellow-workers.
- Legislation and food safety. Compilation and specification of
terms and terminology.
- Biotic risks of harmful organisms and their products in environment, agricultural
production and plant products.
- Pest-risk evaluation, propagation.
- Non-biotic hazard (pesticides, heavy metals) and rate of current risks
in environment, agriculture production and plant products.
- Possibilities of restriction of biotic and non-biotic risks in plant products
- Food safety and chemical agents handling in agriculture.
- Foods, international terrorism and food safety in the Czech Republic.
- Food safety, legislation and GMO.
- Utilization of system analysis principles for evaluation of risks.